Are you a SEN Officer looking for a new role in East London?
We are looking for an SEN Assessment and Reviews Officer to join the Safeguarding team for our Client based in East London
*** SEN Assessment and Reviews Officer
*** Based in East London
*** Up to £21.00 per hour
*** Interviewing now for an immediate start
This is an exciting opportunity for a SEN Officer to join a lively, engaging and team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent customer care in a child and family centred environment.
Responsibilities of the SEN Officer Role
• To have responsibility for administering requests for statutory assessment under section 323 of the Education Act 1996 and managing the assessment process from initiation stage to the proposed statement.
• To administer information from other local authorities with respect to pupils ensuring the appropriate school placement is found and that the costs are provided to finance.
• Manage the process of requests from other local authorities both special and mainstream, liaising with schools to ensure that a reply within legal timescale.
• Administer the process for phase transfers for children in year 2 and 6 under the Code of Practice section 8:132 within statutory timescales.
• Provide administrative support to the SEN Officer for statutory assessments, annual reviews and transitional reviews for children and young people with statements.
• To provide excellent customer service and be a front line contact for schools, parents and other agencies providing excellent customer service dealing with queries by telephone, face to face and in writing promptly and professionally maintaining good relationships.
Requirements of the SEN Officer Role:
**** Relevant qualification e.g. Substance Misuse, Counselling, Health, Social Work, Youth Work, Education. Passed
**** 2 A levels and 5 GCSE (incl. maths and English) or I year experience in licensing enforcement
**** Degree or equivalent in social work
**** Qualified experience within SEN environment
**** Enhanced DBS
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
If you are interested in this position please Contact Claire at Remedy Social care on 20208 418 7676
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.