Qualified Social Worker – CWD Team Southend
Are you a Qualified Social Worker that is seeking a new and exciting role within a CWD team?
Would the opportunity to join the CWD team be of interest?
If you enjoy a fast paced environment, this could be the perfect role for you! We need an experienced Qualified Social Worker for a CWD Service based in Southend
*** Qualified Social Worker position available
*** Locum, Full-Time CWD QSW position
*** To start ASAP
*** Up to £32.00 per hour
*** Apply to this Qualified Social worker role for an immediate interview
The 0-25 service for children and young people with disabilities brings children and adult social workers together to provide a single service to support a young person from birth until the age of 25. The team is split into two social care teams – a 0-15 team and a 16+ team.
The Qualified Social Worker role:
• To manage a caseload of children/young people with disabilities requiring assessment of their needs, advice, support and development of care plans and support packages in accord with practice guidance.
• They embrace the Munro review of child protection principles and they are at the forefront of effective social work practice, having just received a ‘Good' inspection rating from Ofsted.
• To provide an integrated service to help families meet the needs of their children/young adults, build their resilience and support young people progress from childhood into adulthood.
• To work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
• To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
• To assess the needs and risks of the young person and identify actions appropriate to meet needs and address risk, whilst also recognising the needs of carers who may
Essential requirements of the Qualified Social Worker role:
• DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
• HCPC registration as a registered social worker – essential
• Skills in assessment and report-writing
• Knowledge of court work in relation to child care matters and an understanding of the legal process
• Knowledge of current legislation pertinent to child protection (e.g. Children Act 1989, Children Act 2004, Guidance and Regulations, Every Child Matters)
• Knowledge of current legislation relating to adult social care
• Knowledge of disability issues, including SEND legislation
• Knowledge of therapeutic methods of working with dysfunctional families and/or families in crisis
• Experience in child protection work, especially Section 47 investigations and assessment
To find out more about this Qualified Social Worker role, please call Claire on the social care team - 0208 418 7676
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.