Remedy Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a North London County Council to recruit a Qualified Social Worker.
This is a Locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
• Under clear supervision, work with individuals, families and groups to provide or arrange services for assessment of need, care planning, and care treatment to support and protect children and young people.
• Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Assistant Team Manager and Team Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
• Work within statutory responsibilities and departmental policies to maintain and update case notes and other records and write reports as required, to help to ensure that the identified social care needs of children, young people and their families are met effectively and within available resources.
• With appropriate training, and taking guidance from more experienced staff, undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
• A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
• Able to develop and demonstrate understanding and application of knowledge gained in initial training, and knowledge related to a specialised area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and practice research.
• Basic understanding of the theory and practice of care assessment, planning; sound knowledge of relevant legislation
• Car driver is essential
For more information regarding this position please contact the Social Care team on 02084187676.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.